Hello and thanks for a having a look at my “About” page. I hope that I can help you towards a better life.
My name is Stuart Chalmers and I live in Bristol which is a really nice city in the south west of the United Kingdom. My wife is Cuban and she makes sure life is never boring. I have a step daughter who has two girls 8 and 11 and who are really, really fab. I have a brother in Australia and a Sister in Canada. I’m a normal guy.
I consider myself an honest person with integrity and try my best to live by that. We all have to make our way and there are various ways of doing that, some hard, some smart! Smart is better and if you are looking here I guess you are after smart. Most people who work as employees or are self-employed are usually only a few months away from being broke so I thought I MUST FIND A BETTER WAY and I do believe that I have found it!
How I got to where I am now
I’ve tried a fair few things, I’ve worked a lot in IT, mostly corporate although some software houses. I made some very good money in IT, it paid for my house and more. I ran a telecoms business for 7 years, I wasn’t great at it, too much cold calling and chasing people around for me. Up to a little while ago I was concentrating on a web site selling network devices, that can be quite hard going too.
Anyway, earlier in 2012 a friend introduced me to a few online businesses which work. He and a friend had tried a selection of online systems, spent money and time and had come up with some systems that do work, do earn money and don’t steal much of your time. One of those systems forms the basis of all the marketing that they do and that system is SFM, The Six Figure Mentors. I checked it out, I watched the videos and checked out Stuart Ross, the young Internet Marketing entrepreneur who created the SFM. All looked pretty good, solid and straight to the point. I also figured that if you are going to have a mentor then that mentor should be successful, should be a good teacher and should have a good system. As Stuart made over £300,000 in his first year and is now a multi-millionaire I figure he fits into the successful category and he is a pretty good teacher!
I can be sceptical and can take a lot of convincing because I don’t want to put time and money into dud projects but I had no hesitation in joining the SFM especially as it had been recommended by people I trust and the introduction backed up what my friends said. Since that time the SFM has got better and better.
The SFM community is great, there’s lots of support and people genuinely helping each other. SFM is a step by step Attraction Marketing system with tools that help you market online and handle the entire process. There are NO press button get rich claims here, you do have to put some work into it to get it up and running but after that a lot of it runs automatically, whilst you sleep.
Things I do and don’t want to do
Given my experience in business to date and working for companies I don’t want to do the following:
- I don’t want to cold call people on the phone. Even if you are good at it cold calling is mostly a waste of time and it’s no fun at all!
- I don’t want to hassle people with stuff they are not really interested in!
- I don’t want to hassle my friends and family with stuff they are not interested in either!
- I don’t want to waste time working on a quote for 2 days only to receive a “no” half the time.
- I don’t want to spend my time making other people rich whilst working hard for a relatively small amount of money which is not in proportion to my effort.
- I don’t want to waste time spending a week working on something that is apparently very important and then gets shelved the next week!
Some things I do want to do:
- I do want to offer people stuff that they are interested in and that will help them!
- I do want to market to many people at the same time and let them decide what they want at their own pace!
- I do want to help people make their lives better, more independent and propagate a positive attitude!
- I do want to spend more time contributing to society and working on things that have meaning beyond just money!
Do you feel the same?
The point of it all
There is other stuff I would like to do and for that I need more time and more money and to get to that point in a reasonable time frame, by that I mean a couple of years at the most. I like traveling, books, films, restaurants as do lots of people, I play drums in a band and have played them since I was 15, we gig regularly. I flew gliders for 13 years and instructed but don’t have the time for flying these days, that’s one of the things I would like to go back to, maybe powered or perhaps helicopters. I used to ride a motorbike but ride a bicycle these days, I could do with more time to do that.
I like organisations like Greenpeace and Avaaz quite a lot and I guess I’m a bit of an armchair eco warrior. I would like to devote more time and money to these sorts of causes after all if we don’t look after our planet then not much else matters. Does that make me a goody two shoes … maybe but I expect I have balancing attributes, I bet my wife can specify a few … oh well …
Think right, do right
I have made an effort to change the way I think about things, the way I think about making money and my approach to life. It’s a journey of self-improvement. I want to keep my core values mind you but you have to develop a positive attitude and a mind-set for making money the smart way.
Here’s a few things to think about:
- What’s your why? Why are you doing what you do, should you change and why should you change?
- We live in the second and we live in our minds!
- You cannot change the past but you can influence the future!
- The difference between happiness and unhappiness may just be your outlook on life, your perspective.
- There is no security other than that which you make for yourself!
- Your potential is what you think it is!
- Do nothing and nothing is what you will probably get!
- If you think you can, you can, if you think you can’t then you probably can’t so better to think that you can, it’s up to you.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
- We all know there are scams out there and stuff that doesn’t work but that doesn’t mean there isn’t good stuff as well, there is!
- Watch out for habitual sceptics. Anything can be picked apart so don’t believe the first negative thing you see, check it out.
- Nothing is certain, nothing is fool proof so if you are waiting for certain and fool proof you will wait forever!
There are lots of successful inspirational speakers out there and lots of them are excellent although, I did watch 3 hours of DVD for one of them before I decided he wasn’t going to tell me anything, I quit before I died of boredom, that is the exception in my experience though. There is one that you will see again and again and that’s Robert Kiyosaki with his Rich Dad, Poor Dad series. As far as an outlook towards making money and business is concerned this is a good place to start. You don’t have to subscribe to every last thing he says but you should check it out. I particularly recommend the “Cash Flow Quadrant”.
Here’s a taster …
You can get the books, paper, audio or electronic versions here.
Find out how it’s done, sign up for the FREE report and boot camp. It’s our gift to you!